Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Bentley: 1 month old

I can't believe how fast the first month went by! I guess it doesn't help that the first two weeks were in the hospital so it really only feels like he had been home for 2 weeks. We have enjoyed every minute of him being home and it is so fun to watch his personality develop. When we first brought him home he would only cry when he was hungry or needed a diaper change. He is such a good baby and we can't get over how much he is changing every week.

Some facts about his first month:

  • When he was three days old he started trying to hold his head up by himself and each week his neck is getting stronger and stronger. 
  • He loves to be in his swing! There are times that his swing is the only thing that will get him to sleep.
  • He just recently started to enjoy his bouncer. He loves when I set it right under our skylight so that he can look up at the sunlight.
  • He loves sleeping on his belly. He takes after his mom in that regard. I am a little too paranoid to let him sleep that way at night but I usually let him take one nap during the day that way and that is the one nap where he sleeps the best.
  • He loves to cuddle with his daddy and lay on his chest. It is so cute to watch my two boys together I love it!
  • When I give him a bath he will be enjoying it and then all of a sudden he will throw both arms in the air and his eyes will get huge and then he will start crying. It is kind of sad but I always giggle at him when he does this because it is so dramatic haha.
  • He has just started to smile while he is awake and is starting to try to coo at me. I just love looking at his adorable smile!
  • He is still wearing size newborn clothes and probably will for a couple more weeks. I have tried putting some 0-3 month clothes on him and they completely drown him!
  • We weighed him at his blood work checkup when he was a month old and he weighed 7lbs 4 oz. 

Because he was in the NICU for so long we weren't able to get any newborn pictures taken but my awesome friend Julie Hale came over and took some one month pictures of him. I loved all of them but here are just a few.






1 comment:

  1. They truly do grow too fast! My favorite pix is that last one - so cute. Did you make his little hats?

    ReplyDelete