My sweet and amazing husband turned 25 on October 17th! I love him so much but he wouldn't let me take pictures of him blowing out the candle so I had to sneak a few. We had fun spending time with family and thinking about all the things we have been blessed with so far in our married life. Josh has been really busy with his business which has been such a blessing! And he finally got some official white painter pants he looks pretty profesh so I will have to take a picture sometime of my cute little painter.
Sooo yesterday was our one year anniversary and it is crazy how fast time flies! This year has been absolutely amazing and I am so very grateful for all the things I have been blessed with.
First off I have an amazing husband who has been the best decision of my whole life. He is so kind and has been the best person to help me out and keep me as positive as possible. He is such a hard worker and I am so grateful for all that he does to provide for our little family. Also he makes me laugh and keeps me happy when times are tough and I love him so very much!
Second we have bought a wonderful house to start off in and I am so grateful we have been able to make the right decisions to get us this far.
We really have had a wonderful year and we look forward to so many more together! Life is wonderful!
So apparently I am not to good about keeping up with my blog but really my life isn't that interesting. Anyway, I guess I will tell you what has been happening this summer anyway.
1. Basically a week after school got out a started summer school which was kind of a drag but hey at least it's over and it was only a month of my summer
2. The day that summer school got out Josh and I drove down to Denver, CO. We went to a conference there called Secrets of The Millionaire Mind that we got free tickets to. It was actually really interesting and we learned a lot of things about our finances that will unify us as a couple and be able to better manage our money. During the conference we were staying with my Uncle Jack and Aunt Anita. They were such great hosts and we loved catching up with them and spending some time in their cute little neck of the woods. They live In Franktown which is a bout an hour south of Denver so we got to ride the train in everyday which was quite the experience.
These pictures are of my Uncle's 1929 Model A Ford that he was refinished and he took us for a ride in to the nearest Sonic drive-in which was so much fun!
3. The week after getting back from Denver I started rehearsals for my play Hairspray. It was so much fun and I made so many great friends! We only had 13 days to prepare a full show of dancing, singing, and amazing acting. It was a lot of hard work but totally worth it in the end. I am so blessed to be able to work with such talented people.
Me playing Brenda in Hairspray!
4. Well now the play is over which is very sad... but I have my life back now! I have been working really hard on getting a website done for an art gallery and I am hoping there are a couple more in store for me this summer so I can have money for school next semester. Meanwhile Josh has been working like crazy this whole summer and is pretty worn out. But in spite of it all he is bound and determined to start headstrong into his own business: Hall Paint and Furniture. So if anyone needs the interior of their house painted, or you are looking for some nice refinished wood furniture Josh is more than willing to do the job.
5. As far as the rest of the summer goes, it looks like we will just be busy promoting Josh's business as well as going to all the family reunions that are happening.
And that's about it in our exciting life I am sure that once this next school year starts there will be many more adventures headed our way.
This semester has been a real struggle for me. I have been really hard on myself for stupid reasons and it has just lead me to be really depressed. It has been getting worse with finals just around the corner and all the things I need to get done but just can't find the time. Then today in Relief Society we had a lesson on self-worth and it was exactly the boost I needed. The spirit was so strong and testified to me that my Heavenly Father loves ME. No matter what I do, no matter how well I do in school, no matter what I look like.
He Loves me.
That thought alone was more comfort to me than anything said by words. I am so grateful for those in my ward with such sweet spirits that contributed to that lesson and helped to make the spirit in there so strong.
I want to let all of you know who are reading this that I have such a strong testimony of this. He loves each and every one of us. No matter what you have done in the past and will love you even when you mess up in the future. Because we do, we are human and we make mistakes but He still loves us anyway. To all of you women out there you are a Daughter of God and you are beautiful and if nothing else He loves you. And really in the end that's what should matter most. Don't listen to what other people say about you or think you should act. Just be the best you, and that is what makes you the most beautiful.
Hold your head high good times will come your way if you just trust in Him. He loves you and don't forget it!
We are finally all moved into your house! Yay! Although there is still a bunch of unpacking to do at least all of our stuff is here. It is so nice to be able to call this place our own and I can't wait to be able to start making it more homey. Pictures to come soon!
We close on our first house on Monday and I am so excited!
Isn't it so cute! Yes I know the color is a little crazy but that isn't a hard thing to fix. Josh is so excited to have these little projects he gets to work on so that the house will feel like ours. It has an unfinished basement which ill be really nice to expand into and kind of make it however we want.
There are so many things I am grateful for about this house but I will just list a few:
We have our own washer and dryer, no more laundromat!!!! Can I get a woot woot! This is number one because I HATE laundromats that's all I'm saying. I guess the experience has made me very, very grateful for simple ammenities like a washer/dryer.
An upstairs bedroom with big windows! We live in a basement right now and hardly ever see the sun... although I don't know how many people in Pocatello have anyway... I think the sun likes to tease us with it's warmth.
No more people above us being loud and making noise at 5 in the morning! Seriously who needs to be up playing the electric guitar that early? Or an elk call for that matter.... yeah.... But yay for a house all to ourselves!!!
Space! We are so cramped in this little one bedroom that we are overflowing out the door. It will be so nice to have a place for everything and even a place for food storage.
We get to make it all our own. We can paint the walls if we want or hang up a bazillion pictures. It will be nice just to do what we want with it.
A big backyard where we can just sit out in the sun and entertain friends. Right now 0 backyard and 0 grass. It will be so nice to run barefoot through grass on our property!
I could keep going forever but that would get boring. The main point: I can't wait until we can move in and call it ours!