Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Just journaling

Mostly this post is going to be about some things I want to remember but you are more than welcome to read. It will probably be boring as a preface.

The last week or so the third trimester symptoms have been hitting me pretty hard making pregnancy a little more difficult. I am seriously not sleeping at ALL! Ugh I am so tired all the time but even though I am so tired I am so uncomfortable that I cannot get an ounce of rest. On top of that I have finally started to get some swelling in my hands and feet. Everyone had always told me that I would swell up and wouldn't be able to wear any of my old shoes or be bale to wear my wedding ring anymore and I figured that I had somehow gone around that symptom of pregnancy.... well at 32 weeks it caught up with me. Luckily there are still a couple pairs of shoes that I can wear but I really miss wearing my wedding ring.

Last Tuesday at about 11:30 pm I ended up in Labor and Delivery. I had been having pretty intense, painful contractions about two hours before then that were increasing from 4 minutes apart to almost 2 1/2 minutes apart so the midwives wanted me to come in and get checked out. By the time we got to the hospital they were about a minute apart. They got me all hooked up to the machines to track my contractions and I had to wait for my midwife to get there to check me. She said that luckily for me the contractions weren't affecting my cervix and that they would need to give me a shot to stop the contractions because at this point I was a day shy of being 33 weeks and he needed to cook a little longer. They gave me a terbutaline(sp) shot, which made me feel all sorts of crazy, and the contractions finally stopped.

Obviously the little man did not like the contractions because as soon as they stopped he started going nuts! So now I just have to keep an eye on them because if they get that bad again they are going to have to stick me on some pills to keep the contractions at bay until it would be ok for him to come. Luckily they didn't stick me on bedrest since they weren't affecting my cervix but I am still trying to take it pretty easy. I have had quite a few contractions since then but none that close and painful so I am guess these ones are just braxton hicks.

It was quite the adventure for us and poor Josh was with me at the hospital until 2 in the morning, and then had a full day of work with barely any sleep. He is a trooper and I love him. I just hope the next time we make a trip to labor and delivery will be a few weeks down the road and it will be when baby Hall is ready to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment